Procure to Pay
How to Save Time Tracking Down a Purchase Order
Shuffling paper requisitions and Purchase Orders through interoffice mail is inefficient and full of wasted time and energy.
Here is the typical scenario:
1. Requester fills out paper Purchase order and puts it into the Inter-Office mail system to their Supervisor in the next building.
2. The Purchase order is delivered the next day
3. The Supervisor receives the Purchase Order but does not open the envelope until the following morning. It is signed and sent to the Department Manager 2 floors below (interoffice mail).
4. After a week, the requester begins calling the various approvers to see if the order was signed off.
5. After an hour of tracking down the Purchase Order, it is determined that there is an issue and it was returned to the original requester for modification (again through interoffice mail).
This is a common scenario we see every day from our customers who have still use paper based purchasing processes. E-procurement software gives every user the ability easily find their requisition no matter where it is within the process.
After implementing software the process of pushing paper POs through the system is replaced by a more efficient electronic approval and tracking process. No longer is the question asked;
‘Have you seen my Purchase Order for XX” but…
“I know you have my order, can you please approve it so I can order the XX?”
The process and ability to track purchase requisitions and orders becomes as easy as finding an e-mail. No longer are your end users wasting precious time and productivity trying to tack down their orders. It becomes so streamlined and structured, the organization can focus on contract compliance and budget management to save money more effectively.
Click here or the E-book Below for Free Information on Implementing E-procurement